The town house has a colourful and eventful history.
Built in 1913 as a church event building, the town house served as a war hospital, police building and museum. Its history as a place for sports is largely unknown - SC Cottbus, founded in 1963, was at home here and with it boxers, track and field athletes and cyclists who lived and trained here.
The building is barrier-free, both inside and out. For example, it has a lift with Braille and floor announcements. Furthermore, a modern orientation and guidance system in Braille was integrated on all levels, staircases and door signs.